Medication Recommendations Webinar
There is an art to creating medication recommendations and I did my very best to incorporate as many scenarios and real world examples as I possibly could. I’ve literally written thousands of recommendations to hundreds of healthcare professionals. There is no doubt that any pharmacist craving to become more clinical in their work or any aspiring student pharmacist will benefit from this webinar.
The webinar consists of 20 modules and is nearly 3 hours of content!
1. Why Aren’t Pharmacists Good at Writing Recommendations
2. Developing Your Brand
3. Understanding Your Audience
4. Information Gathering
5. Reasons to Write a Recommendation
6. Problem Solving 101
7. Length of Recommendations
8. Recommendation Pitfalls
9. Recommendations That Will Make You Sick
10. Recommendation Writing 101 – Examples
11. The SOAP Note; Love or Hate?
12. The El Paso Note
13. What and How Much Should I Document
14. Scope of Practice
15. How to Respond to Medication Questions
16. Using Guidelines or References
17. When Patients Don’t Want to Change
18. Handling Experienced Physicians
19. Feedback, Workflow, Timing
20. How to Use the Beer’s List
I can certainly tell you that I’ve tried to put every valuable experience I’ve had with other healthcare providers in this webinar, but my words can only do so much 🙂 Here’s what a customer thought of this product:
I just finished your medication recommendation webinar and I will definitely alter my practice after listening. I am a LTC consultant and a PRN retail, relief pharmacist.
For my LTC practice, I especially appreciated your advice on making sure to offer an option. Don’t just point out the problem. I enjoyed your inclusion of “A Few of my Favorites”. One of the hardest lessons for me to learn, was to not take the physician response personally. Thank you for reinforcing that I am not the only one to experience negative feedback.
In the retail setting, too often, I feel that I forget that I’m dealing with another person with their background, beliefs, and ideas. I need to try harder to find a solution for that particular patient and not just the standard “because the literature says so” answer. Your webinar reminded me that this is imperative in assisting my patients.
Thank you for helping me to refocus my pharmacy practice and hopefully do a better job of communicating with patients and other healthcare providers.
Kelly Wheeler, RPh, CGP”
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me!